A Community Event at Zen Loft is by definition:
● Open to the public
● Subject to our professional and ethical guidelines
● 50/50 split of gross (total) donations
● No one can be turned away for lack of payment
● The facilitator is not obligated to pay the space rental fee, so they may not then require payment from others
● Some events can be women-only, adults only, or welcome children or not--at facilitator's discretion.
● Since this event is open to the public, facilitators must follow our formatting guidelines, address all the commonly asked questions therein for public transparency, and handle any issues that arise according to our ethics.
● All service providers, instructors, presenters, vendors, and facilitators must be credentialed in their field and have their own professional liability insurance to instruct (everyone must be preapproved by Zen Loft (Effective 7/01/22)
● All vendor fees go to Zen Loft
● Facilitators pay presenters or performers out of their own 50% of donations (if applicable)
● Zen Loft guarantees that their Business Collective Members and vendors can participate for no additional costs in all of our monthly community events (rent privately if you’d like to use your own vendors exclusively)
● A deposit of $20 for one room and $50 for the whole space is due in order to reserve the room, and schedule your community event on our calendar
● The deposit will be returned when the space is cleaned and returned to its original state, and closing procedures are completed
● If the facilitator cancels the event in less than a week's time for the community room, or less than 24 hours for the Aerial Room, Wellness Room, or Zen Lounge, Zen Loft keeps the $20 deposit and that facilitator may lose their membership privileges. It would be beneficial for everyone if the facilitator found a co-host or a substitute.
● The 50% of total donations from the event (minus the deposit–-if there are no issues) is due 24 hours after the event has ended. Some exceptions might be made if using Eventbrite, as they can take some time in paying out
● The shop “I of the Angeles” will be open to the public during their normal business hours: Tuesday-Friday 3-7pm, Saturday 12-5pm
● The “Healing Room” will be open to massage therapists’/practitioners' clients according to their schedule on the Google Calendar
Benefits of a Community Event
● With this option, facilitators are not on the hook for the full amount of space rental upfront in order to facilitate their event
● The length of the event can last from an hour to an all-day or weekend retreat, as our schedule permits
● See our sample schedule template for an idea of what different community events might look like
A Note on Vendors & Presenters
If vendors are present, a vendor fee of $20 for non-members will be assessed, payable to Zen Loft.
As stated in their membership terms, we welcome all our vendors within our Business Collective to participate at our public community events for no additional cost to them
If presenters are present and facilitators wish to pay them, it will be out of their 50%, not Zen Loft’s half