FORMAT YOUR ENTRY FOR YOUR EVENT
If your event is open to the public, you must have a complete description posted in the Google Calendar entry
You must include your own contact information so that people can reach out to you directly
You must include your own payment information to be paid directly by your students/clients
See our Formatting Guide for complete details
PAY FOR YOUR SPACE RENTAL
- Pay for space rental via PayPal
- Reserve your time slot in advance
- Stay within your rented time, or pay for another hour if timing permits (check the Google Calendar)
- Don't cancel your event in fewer than 24 hrs/7 days--depending on which room and the size of the event
CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF
- Return the room to its original state (or better), and vacate the room by the end of your rented time slot.
- If set up and break down will each take half an hour, you must pay for that time at the hourly rate.
- You are welcome to coordinate with the next person before and after you—their contact info will be in the notes section of the Google Calendar (make sure that your contact info is in there, too.)
COLLECT PAYMENT DIRECTLY FROM YOUR STUDENTS/CLIENTS/PATRONS
- Make sure that everyone knows how to pay you directly
COMMUNICATE WELL WITH EVERYONE INVOLVED
- Life happens--make sure that your students know if there is a time change or cancellation by contacting them directly
DO NOT BRING SUBSTANCES INTO THE SPACE
- See the City of Aurora's guidelines around temporary permits and abide by all their rules and regulations.
- If someone from your party would like to undertake the measures for a Temporary Liquor Permit, they are welcome to follow that procedure here: https://www.aurora-il.org/2131/Temporary-Liquor-Permit
DO NOT LIGHT ANYTHING ON FIRE (must be stated for our insurance)
- If something did get lit on fire, please extinguish it before you leave